WINCHELSEA SCHOOL GOVERNING BOARD
The Winchelsea School Governing Board is a hard-working group of volunteers who are passionate about education and give up much of their time and energy to support the children and young people in the school. The Governors have an important role to play in helping the school provide the best possible education for all pupils by thinking and working strategically through:
- Monitoring and evaluating progress towards the school’s priorities and targets
- Supporting the Headteacher and staff
- Accounting for the school’s overall performance and for the decisions that have been made.
The constitution of the Winchelsea Governing Board allows for 12 Governors made up from the
- Parent Governors – selected by election (or appointed if insufficient people stand for election)
and drawn from parents and carers of children at the school.
- Staff Governors – selected by election from teaching and support staff paid to work at the
- Co-opted Governors – appointed by the Governing board on the basis of their skills and
- LA Governor – appointed by the Local Authority
The Governing Board meets at least once each half term with individual Governors taking responsibility for a key area of the Governing Board’s work.
Attendance_Register_2022 - 2023
Governor Vision and Curriculum Statement