Winchelsea School – ‘Bringing out the best’
Winchelsea is a safe, welcoming and nurturing school where pupils, families and staff are included and valued equally. Together we provide opportunities for every child within school and in the wider community to grow in confidence and develop a love of learning. Every child is encouraged and challenged to become as independent as they can be to prepare for life beyond Winchelsea.
We aim to:
- Promote open and honest communication throughout the school and its wider community.
- Set high standards and expectations for each child according to their individual needs and abilities.
- Provide a holistic yet individual curriculum that supports the academic and personal development of each child through encouraging responsibility, independence, self-awareness and the skills to make positive choices.
- Celebrate diversity by promoting personal, social, moral, spiritual and cultural development, encouraging creativity, and inspiring respect for themselves and others regardless of race, gender, age or disability.
- Continually develop a professional and approachable staff team who inspire confidence in the support given to children and their families across all areas of the school.